How can I be involved
How can I be involved?
Become a Member
Please consider joining Epilepsy WA from just $25 per year.
Your membership helps our organisation to continue to provide an array of services to help support those whose lives are touched by a diagnosis of epilepsy. Among other things, we are doing this by:
- Coordinating a growing network of support groups throughout the state.
- Organising much needed information seminars for our community on topics of interest.
- Providing an online training portal for epilepsy related training.
- Participating in the nationwide rollout of the Epilepsy Smart Schools Initiative.
- Providing Information Telephone Line and Compassionate Ear Support Service
- Providing Free Seizure Alert Bed Mat Loan Program
- Providing Seizure Alert Technology Display
- Awareness Raising and Community Education
Your membership entitles you to:
- participate in one of our support groups
- discounted rates to our Annual Purple Walk 4 Epilepsy WA
- Access to our Free Seizure Alert Bed Mat Loan Service
- invitations to scheduled seminars, educational programs and social events
- the right to vote at our general meetings
- various benefits and privileges that may be publicised as being available to members from time to time
Furthermore, the combined voice of our community of members, helps to give the organisation the strength of voice to lobby for positive change.
For more information on how to join, please click here.
Register to take part in our Virtual Purple Walk 4 Epilepsy WA on Sunday 27th March 2022
The Purple Walk 4 Epilepsy WA is a family fun day event, where the community dresses up in purple and unites to shine a light on epilepsy and helps raise vital funds for the unfunded charity Epilepsy WA. This is our biggest fundraising event of the year.
The 2022 Purple Walk 4 Epilepsy WA is taking place on Sunday 27th March. Please register NOW at www.purplewalk4epilepsywa.com.au
Tag us in your purple pix and videos! We’ll be livestreaming live music, and feature some of your purple-themed activities to promote the event.
If you are a local business and would like to support the 2022 Purple Walk 4 Epilepsy WA in the form of sponsorship or donation of raffle prizes, please email [email protected].
We would love to hear from you.
Support Purple Day & Buy Merchandise
Every year on the 26th March, we participate in the National Purple Day Campaign. You can support us by displaying our Merchandise Boxes at your Office or School, purchasing our Purple Day product, Hosting a Purple Day Event, Purple Free Dress Day, Raffle or Morning Tea Event.
Please contact [email protected] for a copy of a merchandise order form or to discuss how you would like to support Purple Day.
Purple Day Donations can be made here.
Become a Donor
Your donation will enable us to improve the quality of life for people living with epilepsy, through our many services. A donation, no matter how small, can make a difference.
There are several ways you can become a donor. Please see the list below:
Make a monetary donation
Epilepsy WA is dependent on community support to enable us to continue to make a difference in the lives of people living with epilepsy. We are a registered charity and donations are tax-deductible.
Please help us by making a donation today. Donations of $2 and over are tax-deductible. We issue receipts for donations of $5 or more, amounts below this are receipted on request.
- Send a donation.
Please help us by making a donation today. Donations can be made here or a cheque can be forwarded to Epilepsy WA at 11 Aberdare Road, Nedlands WA 6009.
- Set up regular donations by direct debit.
By making a regular tax-deductible donation using direct debit from your bank account, you can help us keep donation process costs to a minimum. To further assist you can request one annual receipt. Regular giving also assists us in effectively planning our future, ensuring greater certainty for critical programs. Please contact [email protected] for our bank account details.
You may choose to nominate the Epilepsy WA as the recipient of a donation in lieu of giving or receiving gifts. One way to do this is through Facebook’s Paypal Giving Program. Call our office on (08) 6457 7699 to make arrangements.
- Donate through your workplace.
Consult with your employer and ask for a payroll deduction to be made from your salary direct to Epilepsy WA. Deductions are made from salary before tax. Some generous employers match employee contributions.
Make a bequest
We urge you to ensure that you have a valid Will, as many Australians don’t and we all deserve to have our assets distributed to respect our wishes.
If you have bequeathed a gift to Epilepsy WA, we would appreciate the opportunity of thanking you personally for your generosity.
Please contact [email protected].
As a suggestion, the following wording may be useful:
I give and bequeath free of all duties and taxes [here state the dollar amount or asset to be gifted] to Epilepsy WA of 11 Aberdare Road, Nedlands , ABN: 75216697366, absolutely:
- For the general charitable purposes of the Epilepsy WA and I direct that the receipt of the Executive Officer, Treasurer or other authorised officer of the Epilepsy WA shall be good and sufficient discharge to my executors.
In memory giving
When someone close to us dies, we experience grief, sadness and, ultimately, an appreciation of all memories we have of that special person.
- An In Memory Gift to Epilepsy WA
is a special way to remember someone, and at the same time help give hope and life to those who remain.
- An In Memory Gift can be an individual donation in memory of a loved one or friend.
- An In Memory Gift can be a donation at the request of the bereaved family in lieu of flowers at the funeral or service. Special envelopes can be provided for this purpose. Please ask your Funeral Director to contact us to provide envelopes for the service, or contact us directly.
- For some people an In Memory Gift donated on the anniversary of their loved one’s birthday or a date significant only to them is their way of paying tribute to special memories.
- In Memory donations can be made here.
Group or Corporate In Memory Gifts
When someone dies their passing has a profound effect on their work colleagues, sports team or social group. Many times the group feels they would like to do something together to jointly honour the memory of their friend who has died.
Donations may collected from a variety of sources:
- from the employer
- from colleagues
- from a fundraising activity specially organised in honour of their friend
- collected at sporting events or a social dinner
Epilepsy WA greatly appreciates these acts of generosity at a time of personal loss. Please contact [email protected] to discuss.
Become a volunteer - gift your time
Epilepsy WA relies heavily upon volunteers and seeks those who may wish to assist with one or more of the following roles.
- Guest Speakers – assist with profiling Epilepsy WA, gaining sponsorship or donations whilst presenting appropriate epilepsy-related messages to targeted community groups.
- Fundraising Volunteers – participate in fundraising activities within your community. Your enthusiasm in generating much-needed funds is very much appreciated.
- Peer Support – participate by sharing your personal experience with members in similar situations.
- Special Projects – assist with operating/participating in short term projects, such as events, task forces and focus groups.
If you are interested in volunteering with Epilepsy WA please contact [email protected].
Become a corporate partner
Epilepsy WA recognises the importance of developing and nurturing strong links with the corporate sector in our efforts to make a positive difference to the lives of people living with epilepsy.
In partnering with corporations, Epilepsy WA seeks to engage our partners in long term, strategic and mutually beneficial relationships. We are focused on developing partnerships of involvement and commitment.
Epilepsy WA would welcome the opportunity to discuss the number of Corporate Sponsorship Packages available. Please contact [email protected] to discuss these options.
Important Message: The information contained within this website is not intended to take the place of individual medical advice. Do not make changes to treatment or medications without first discussing with your treating clinician.