How can I be involved
How can I be involved?
Become a Member
Please consider joining Epilepsy WA from just $25 per year.
Your membership helps our organisation to continue to provide an array of services to help support those whose lives are touched by a diagnosis of epilepsy. Among other things, we are doing this by:
- Coordinating a growing network of support groups throughout the state.
- Organising much-needed information seminars for our community on topics of interest.
- Providing an online training portal for epilepsy-related training.
- Participating in the nationwide rollout of the Epilepsy Smart Schools Initiative.
- Providing an information telephone line and compassionate ear support service
- Providing a free seizure-alert bed mat loan program
- Providing a free Night Watch loan program to children and young adults
- Providing a large display of seizure-alert technologies
- Providing a free children’s book library
- Offering support through our in-house nurse
- Awareness raising and community education
Your membership entitles you to:
- Participate in one of our support groups
- Discounted rates to our Annual Purple Walk 4 Epilepsy WA
- Access to our free seizure-alert bed mat loan service
- Access to our free Night Watch loan service
- Invitations to scheduled seminars, educational programs and social events
- The right to vote at our general meetings
- Various benefits and privileges that may be publicised as being available to members at any time
Furthermore, the combined voice of our community of members, helps to give the organisation the strength of voice to lobby for positive change.
For more information on how to join, please click here.
Register to take part in our Purple Walk 4 Epilepsy WA on Sunday 26th March 2023
The Purple Walk 4 Epilepsy WA is a family fun day event, taking place at the Edinburgh Oval South, Curtin University, Bentley on Sunday March 26 th . A day where the community dresses up in purple and unites to shine a light on epilepsy and helps raise vital funds for Epilepsy WA who relies heavily on community support.
This is our biggest fundraising event of the year and is particularly special this year as it falls both on Purple Day and in our Diamond Jubilee year. All advance registrants will receive a free Jubilee gift.
Our family friendly walk is led by the Perth Metro Pipe Band and is suitable for prams and wheelchairs on an accessible path. The loop is less than 1km long and the day includes music, ntertainment, information, market stalls & much more. Food and beverages are also available. So rally your friends, family and colleagues and come join us as we celebrate 60 years supporting the WA Community; Register NOW at www.purplewalk4epilepsywa.com.au
If you are a local business and would like to support the 2023 Purple Walk 4 Epilepsy WA in the form of sponsorship or donation of raffle prizes, please email [email protected]. We would love to hear from you.
Support Purple Day & Buy Merchandise
Each March the world turns purple in support of the 65 million people living with epilepsy, with Purple Day falling on March 26th. During March 2023 Epilepsy WA invites you to join them, and the rest of the world, and GO PURPLE to raise much needed awareness and vital funds for Epilepsy WA.
You can support us by hosting a Purple Day event at your school, office or workplace, purchasing some purple merchandise, displaying some purple merchandise at an event or workplace or you like to share your story on social media. There are many ways that you can fundraise in Purple Month, here’s a few ideas:
- Hold a free dress day / crazy sock / crazy tie / crazy hair day for a gold coin donation
- Sell merchandise and hand out information
- Have a bake sale
- Host a morning tea/lunch
- Hold a book sale
- Have a colour run
- Organise a raffle
- Set yourself a personal challenge
You can buy merchandise online or download a merchandise
Please contact [email protected] or call 1300 660 880 if you would like to discuss how you can support Purple Day.
Purple Day Donations can be made here.
Become a Donor
Epilepsy WA relies heavily upon public donations to provide essential epilepsy support services for the 1 in 25 who will be diagnosed with epilepsy and their loved ones. Your donation will enable us to improve the quality of life for people living with epilepsy, through our many services. A donation, no matter how small, can really make a difference. There are several ways you can become a donor. Please see the list below:
Make a monetary donation
Epilepsy WA is dependent on community support to enable us to continue to make a difference in the lives of people living with epilepsy. We are a registered charity and donations of $2 and over are tax-deductible.
Please help us by making a donation today. We issue receipts for donations of $5 or more, amounts below this are receipted on request.
- Send a donation.
Please help us by making a donation today. Donations can be made here or a cheque can be forwarded to Epilepsy WA at 11 Aberdare Road, Nedlands WA 6009.
- Set up regular donations by direct debit.
By making a regular tax-deductible donation using direct debit from your bank account, you can help us keep donation process costs to a minimum. To further assist you can request one annual receipt. Regular giving also assists us in effectively planning our future, ensuring greater certainty for critical programs. Please contact [email protected] for our bank account details.
You may choose to nominate the Epilepsy WA as the recipient of a donation in lieu of giving or receiving gifts. One way to do this is through Facebook’s Paypal Giving Program which can be done through your Facebook page or by setting up a fundraising portal such as GoFundraise, GiveNow or MyCause. Please contact our office if you need help with this on 1300 660 880.
- Donate through your workplace.
Consult with your employer and ask for a payroll deduction to be made from your salary direct to Epilepsy WA. Deductions are made from salary before tax. Some generous employers match employee contributions.
Make a bequest
A gift in your Will can assist Epilepsy WA to continue to make a difference to the lives of all Australians living with epilepsy. Your financial commitment to Epilepsy WA enables future generations to gain major benefits from your legacy.
We urge you to ensure that you have a valid Will, as many Australians don’t and we all deserve to have our assets distributed to respect our wishes.
If you have bequeathed a gift to Epilepsy WA, we would appreciate the opportunity of thanking you personally for your generosity.
Please contact [email protected].
As a suggestion, the following wording may be useful:
I give and bequeath free of all duties and taxes [here state the dollar amount or asset to be gifted] to Epilepsy WA of 11 Aberdare Road, Nedlands , ABN: 75216697366, absolutely:
- For the general charitable purposes of the Epilepsy WA and I direct that the receipt of the Executive Officer, Treasurer or other authorised officer of the Epilepsy WA shall be good and sufficient discharge to my executors.
In memory giving
Epilepsy WA provides grief and loss support services for those who have experienced the death of a loved one due to epilepsy. We have an in-memory tree, where a ribbon bearing the name of your loved one can be placed, and we have a hand crafted in memorial book of remembrance in our office. Sometimes people who have experienced a loss choose to raise funds or request donations in lieu of flowers, as a way to honour and remember their loved one.
- In Memory donations can be made here.
Group or Corporate In Memory Gifts
When someone dies their passing has a profound effect on their work colleagues, sports team or social group. Many times the group feels they would like to do something together to jointly honour the memory of their friend who has died.
Donations may collected from a variety of sources:
- from the employer
- from colleagues
- from a fundraising activity specially organised in honour of their friend
- collected at sporting events or a social dinner
Epilepsy WA greatly appreciates these acts of generosity at a time of personal loss. Please contact [email protected] to discuss.
Become a volunteer - gift your time
Epilepsy WA relies heavily upon volunteers and seeks those who may wish to assist with one or more of the following roles.
- Guest Speakers – assist with profiling Epilepsy WA, gaining sponsorship or donations whilst presenting appropriate epilepsy-related messages to targeted community groups.
- Fundraising Volunteers – participate in fundraising activities within your community. Your enthusiasm in generating much-needed funds is very much appreciated.
- Peer Support – participate by sharing your personal experience with members in similar situations.
- Special Projects – assist with operating/participating in short term projects, such as events, task forces and focus groups.
If you are interested in volunteering with Epilepsy WA please contact [email protected].
Become a corporate partner
Epilepsy WA recognises the importance of developing and nurturing strong links with the corporate sector in our efforts to make a positive difference to the lives of people living with epilepsy.
In partnering with corporations, Epilepsy WA seeks to engage our partners in long term, strategic and mutually beneficial relationships. We are focused on developing partnerships of involvement and commitment.
Epilepsy WA would welcome the opportunity to discuss the number of Corporate Sponsorship Packages available. Please contact Please contact us to discuss these options [email protected]
Important Message: The information contained within this website is not intended to take the place of individual medical advice. Do not make changes to treatment or medications without first discussing with your treating clinician.