Purple Day: March 26
Purple Day 2017
Order merchandise to sell:
Help us change the lives of people living with epilepsy and bring an end to the stigma and discrimination associated with this condition -- raise some much needed funds and 'GO PURPLE'!
Epilepsy is a common brain disorder, affecting 1 in 25 people at some point in their lives, but is often not talked about.
Purple Day is dedicated to increasing awareness about the condition worldwide. Each year, people around the globe are asked to wear purple and spread the word about epilepsy on March 26.
Purple Day was founded in 2008, by nine-year-old Cassidy Megan from Canada. Motivated by her own struggles with epilepsy, Cassidy started Purple Day in an effort to get people talking about the disorder and inform those with seizures that they are not alone. She named the day Purple Day after the internationally recognised colour for epilepsy, lavender.
Thousands of people, schools and workplaces have joined the campaign hosting Purple Day events and promotions. Some ideas for your own event could be:
- Wear Purple on Purple Day
- Host your own Purple Day event:
- Morning tea, Afternoon tea, Sausage Sizzle, Wine and Cheese Night or a Raffle
- Hold a free (purple) dress day for a gold coin donation
- Display a Purple Day merchandise box at your work place, school or community group
- Encourage family, friends and colleagues to wear purple on Purple Day
- Offer your services for a donation (eg. carwashing, cleaning, babysitting)
- Have a Swear Jar and donate funds to Epilepsy WA
- Become a Purple Day Hero and set up your own fundraising page at https://www.everydayhero.com.au/event/purpledayepilepsywa
To order your Purple Day merchandise, please print out and complete our form.
Return it to us by email to email@example.com.
Epilepsy Australia is the official Australian Purple Day partner.
Epilepsy WA is proud to promote Purple Day throughout WA, as a member of Epilepsy Australia.
join our newsletter
It is with considerable sadness that Epilepsy Association of WA (EWA) is farewelling Chief Exec..
Article from UK Media: Trigger warning..SUDEP http://www.kidspot.com.au/parenting/real-life..
On Saturday, The West Australian ran an editorial which had a number of people I know, surp..
We are now only a few days away from the City to Surf Run here in Perth. The Stephen Angel'..
This article is from the West Australian Newspaper 16/08/2016. https://au.news.yahoo.com/th..
Fundraiser in memory of Stephen Burns. ..
Letter from the parents of Stephen Burns Hello Everyone It is seven weeks now..
Epilepsy WA relies on donations given to us by members of the public. We do no..
Dr Samantha Hall is a good friend of our association. In this interview with her she talks open..